Schaumburg Business Association COVID -19 Business Impact Survey
40 members of the Schaumburg Business Association responded to this survey about the effects that COVID-19 is having on their business. The survey was open during the last two week of July. The businesses that took this survey are active members within the Schaumburg Business Association.
Of the businesses that responded to this survey, the majority has full-time employees and either see that number increasing by the end of the year or staying the same. There were only a few businesses that have had to furlough full-time employees for the time being.
The following chart highlights the impact businesses predict to face in the coming months with current social distancing standards and PPE costs.
If theses revenue losses were to occur 89.74%of businesses said they would be able to absorb these costs and continue to operate their business for at least the next 12-months, while 7.69% of businesses said they will not be able to.
The chart below shows the barriers businesses anticipate as we progress through the State’s Restore Illinois Plan.
Of the 40 respondents of this survey, these are the industries they are in:
When asked if they will attend an in-person event, knowing all IDPH guidelines will be followed 77.50% said they would attend and 17.50% said they would not. There were additional comments that people would feel more comfortable attending in-person events if masks were worn.
Businesses have requested the Schaumburg Business Association continues to spread current and helpful information regarding guidance for small businesses, how to reduce virus transmission, information on PPE and available relief funds. The respondents to this survey have expressed they want to continue virtual events as well as start to incorporate safe, in-person events.
To touch on comments that were made throughout the survey:
· Covid related information including grant and loan opportunites are updated on our Covid page.
· To speak before the Schaumburg Business Association at one of our events - aspeaker bio form can be filled out and returned back to the Schaumburg Business Association to be considered to speak. This is found on the member portal of our website.
· Member-to-member discounts (to take advantage of and to offer to fellow members)
· Job Postings (to post openings at your company)
· Mobile App- This is found on the member portal of our website
· Events (virtual and in person) calendar can be found here.